Friday, November 26, 2010

Passing of the axe


One of the coolest things happened to me the other day, and also one of the sadest.


A fellow musician and band mate as well as a true friend, closed the deal on the selling of his house. He has now moved away...on to better things. I told him since he was leaving, I was putting the band, GYPSYHEAD, into hibernation. I just dont feel like moving on with it at this time.....maybe bring it back to life next year. The Tornado is an awesome singer/songwriter, and great guitarist....Im going to miss playing with him. The thing he did that truely moved me was, before he left town, he found me outside the coffee shop and handed me one of his guitars and said, " here bro, play in good health." I was floored....totally unbelievable...all I could say was, "Thanks bro, thats the nicest thing anyones ever done for me."


That is a true friend...., not because he gave me the guitar....., but because that is what he is...a true friend. I will always remember the gigs we had together, the good ones and the not so good ones.....we made them all fun.


Here's to you Tornado!!!! GYPSY~ON BRO!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Moving blog, Dave. I'm at a loss for words other than to say I'll miss him too.

    ReplyDelete